Excel: How do I insert a new worksheet? How do I name my worksheets?
Microsoft Excel: How do I insert a new worksheet? How do I name my worksheets?
Adding Worksheets - Office 2003 and Earlier
- To add a single worksheet, click on the Insert menu at the top of the screen and select Worksheet.
- Another way to add one worksheet at a time is to go to the bottom of your open worksheet where you see Sheet 1.
- Right click on the name (Sheet 1, 2, etc.), and choose Insert from the menu.
- You will be asked what you would like to add, choose Worksheet and click ok.
Adding Worksheets - Office 2007
To add a worksheet in Office 2007 click the New Worksheet button to the right of your right-most sheet tab. You can also use Shift+F11.
Naming A Worksheet - All Versions
In order to change the name of a worksheet to something other than Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc.
- Locate the sheet name at the bottom of your Excel workbook.
- Right click on the name of the sheet you want to change.
- Select the Rename option from the pop-up menu.
- Simply begin typing the name that you would like to appear.
Did this document solve or help you with your problem?
Category: Software : Excel
Platform: All Windows
Document #: 480 Author: Echo Schneider
Last Modified by: Joshua Moor on 06/10/2008