How do I uninstall BitTorrent?
- Click on the Start button located at the bottom left hand side of your screen.
- Click Settings. (On Windows XP and Vista it is called Control Panel. It if is called control panel skip step 3.)
- Click Control Panel.
- Double click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- Locate BitTorrent on the list, and click it once.
- Click on the button labeled Remove.
- Click Yes when prompted to remove to program.
- Close the Add/Remove Program window.
- Close the Control Panel window.
- Double click on the My Computer icon located on the desktop. (If this icon is not located on the desk top it can be located by clicking on the start button)
- Double click on the icon that represents your hard drive. (Generally the icon is represented as C:)
- Double click on the Programs Folder. (With some versions of windows in may be necessary, after opening the programs folder, to click the prompt Show contents of this folder or show all files.)
- Right-click on the folder labeled BitTorrent.
- Left click delete.
- When asked if you are sure that you want to remove the folder click yes.
- BitTorrent is now uninstalled.
Did this document solve or help you with your problem?
Category: Software : Other Software
Platform: All Windows
Document #: 903 Author: Cynthia Senicka
Last Modified by: Joshua Moor on 05/20/2008