FAQ - Someone else is using my Social Security Number


How can I report that someone is using my Social Security number?


This information is taken from Identity Theft And Your Social Security Number http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10064.html#report

You should file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission by:

Internet: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft
Telephone: 1-877-IDTHEFT (1-877-438-4338)

If you think someone is using your number for work purposes, you should contact Social Security. One way to find out whether someone is using your number in order to work is to check your Social Security Statement. The Statement lists earnings posted to your Social Security record. If you find an error on your Statement, contact Social Security right away.

Did this document solve or help you with your problem?

Yes   No  

Category: Viruses and Security     Platform: Not Applicable
Document #: 910     Author: Cynthia Senicka    
Last Modified by: Joshua Moor on 06/11/2008