FAQ - Register Your Wireless Device.
I want to connect my laptop to the Wireless network at ISU. How do I go about setting it up?
- You must have an active ISU Computer Account
- You must verify that you have an account with the Help Desk.
- Students must to go to the Help Desk window in the basement of the Business Building in person and present their wireless device and their Bengal card ID.
- Faculty/Staff may call from their offices.
- Give the MAC, or Physical, address of the wireless card / device to the Help Desk personnel.
NOTE: if you do not know your MAC address, use the following instructions to obtain it:
- From the START menu, select RUN
- At the prompt, type: command
- A DOS screen will appear. At the prompt, type: ipconfig /all and press the ENTER key.
- The IP Configuration and Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection information will appear. Look for
the heading that refers to your wireless network connection. Find the Physical Address. It lists
the MAC address.
Make sure it is the Physical address of the wireless adaptor.
- We need the make/model of your wireless device.
- The Help Desk / Front Desk people will create an incident (tracking number), verifying your current contact information such as the telephone number and e-mail address.
- The Help Desk personnel will process the request, and we can walk you through the process of connecting to the network.
Did this document solve or help you with your problem?
Category: Internet/Network Access
Platform: Not Applicable
Document #: 3 Author: Cynthia Senicka
Last Modified by: Cynthia Senicka on 05/28/2008